Frequently Asked Questions
- Solid state storage media
- High capacity backups
- Fast and reliable
- Passes Honeywell diagnostics
Solid state reliability for Universal Station removable media ...
The CFZE-2GB Compact Flash Zip Drive Emulator gives you the ability to use inexpensive, readily-available compact flash chips as removable media on your Honeywell Universal Station.
A simple, hardware-only solution ...
The CFZE-2GB is a direct replacement for the original Zip drive used with Honeywell Universal Stations. It has the same form factor and cable connections, so installation is fast and easy. Just set the SCSI address, then attach the power and data cables and the drive is ready for service. The Universal Station sees the drive as a standard Zip drive, with all of the capabilities of the original Zip drive. This includes file storage, fast load cartridges, History Module backup, etc.
Back up an entire History Module drive to a single chip ...
The CFZE-2GB with a 4GB compact flash chip has enough capacity to back up an entire History Module drive to a single chip. The Universal Station's CR command or the "Removable Media Initialization" target on the station will format the entire 4GB CF chip as if it were a Zip cartridge.(*note) No more multiple cartridges to keep track of when backing up your History Module. Since this is a data storage application, the CF media used with the device should be "Industrial Grade". We supply a 4GB chip with the drive. Additional media may be ordered from WPC or your preferred supplier of compact flash media.
- Board size: 3.5” form factor – 3.75”x5.5”.
- Compact Flash: Standard 3M header for Type 1 & 2 cards
- Power: 5 Volts only @ 0.8 Watt (Typical) + CF requirement.
- Power connector: Standard Disk drive type SCSI-1 and 2 Compatible. 50 pin DIL 0.1” Connector
- SCSI transfer rate: 10Mbytes/second.
* If your HM backup includes more than 63 directories, format the CF card with the Create Volume (CR) command, and use the -X (expanded directories) option to allow for a maximum of 2046 directories. This option is available with R510 and above.